D10 General Membership Meeting 2015-05-16

Saturday, May 16, 2015

9:59 AM

Meeting Date: 5/16/2015 9:00 AM

 Remember for later

Community notice:  "Community Night Fundraiser" June 24th - Buffalo Wild Wings 5-11 pm.

Community notice:  VTA Meeting, Thursday, June 4, 5:30 pm, Santa Clara County, 70 W Hedding, Supervisor's Office (the rusty building)  NOTE:  Johnny waiting to hear back if this item will still be on the agenda

 

To Do

To Do Board Action Item:  Consider inviting the Water District to the September General meeting

To Do  Board Action Item:  Discuss meeting logistic ownership (before, during and after)

To Do  Board Action Item:  discuss sponsor engagement well in advance of any event

To Do  Board Action Item:  Make a note for next year's 4th of July discussion to 1) increase the time to at least one hour to discuss, and 2) Include police representative to discuss illegal fireworks

To Do  Board Action Item:  Request presenters to provide their collateral to Suzan in advance of the meeting in electronic form

To Do  Member Action Item:  Need more volunteers to sign up in advance.  Contact Denelle Fedor, 408-535-4993

To Do  Nick & Shiraz will initiate the Public Communications Committee.  Motion passed.

To Do  Suzan - add Lucienne to Master list

 

 Notes

 

         4th of July

o    To Do  Member Action Item:  Need more volunteers to sign up in advance.  Contact Denelle Fedor, 408-535-4993

o    To Do  Board Action Item:  Make a note for next year's 4th of July discussion to 1) increase the time to at least one hour to discuss, and 2) Include police representative to discuss illegal fireworks

o           Community notice:  "Community Night Fundraiser" June 24th - Buffalo Wild Wings 5-11 pm.  See flyer attached

o    To Do  Bob - send Suzan electronic copy of Community Night Fundraiser so she can add to Minutes

 

         Member Volunteer Involvement - Neighborhood Group Growth

o    Approaching Vendors/Businesses for Sponsors - Bob

         To Do  Board Action Item:  discuss sponsor engagement well in advance of any event

o    Fundraising - Nick

         Almaden Valley Women's Club

o    Maintenance/Beautification Projects - Don Hale

         Our City Forest

o    Driveway Parties - Shiraz

         Lesson Learned -

  target host(s) who are most likely to be amiable to the proposal, then just announce - don't ask for everyone's permission

  On the initial proposal, focus on the positives, not the risks

         Further development

         Business

o    Meeting Minutes from last General Meeting have been approved

o    Treasurer's Report has been approved

o    Treasurer's Audit Committee

         David Heidel

         Tom Trudel

         Jim Kuhl

o    Nomination and Acceptance of new General member

         Lucienne Klopper - Country View Custom Estates

         To Do  Suzan - add Lucienne to Master list

o    Standing Committees

         Suggestion for members to all bring someone new

         To Do  Nick & Shiraz will initiate the Public Communications Committee.  Motion passed.

         Councilmember Khamis

o    Community notice:  Councilmember Khamis "office hours" at City Espresso

o    Hwy 85

         Community notice:  VTA Meeting, Thursday, June 4, 5:30 pm, Santa Clara County, 70 W Hedding, Supervisor's Office (the rusty building)  NOTE:  Johnny waiting to hear back if this item will still be on the agenda

         Cupertino and Saratoga have threatened to file suit under CEQA (California Environmental Quality Act) which was produced by VTA and approved by CALTrans

         Suggestion for D10 to show up at their committee meetings

         Johnny to inquire about raising citizen's lawsuit

o    Via Hoffman neighborhood

         Johnny working on "Crime Free Addendum" to streamline eviction capabilities for criminals.  Concerned about a rental rights law that may be passed.  Watch for more information in Johnny's newsletter

o    Will be asking for the lake to be open on Monday's

o    Will be asking for license plate readers (current one we have gets 26 stolen cars per day)

o    Pushing for OpenGov to put the city budget on line

o    Reward program for $$ savings coming into effect soon

o    Asking for $6M surplus to go to pavement maintenance

o    Meets with Capt Schoeder several times a month

o    Priority Setting Sessions -  putting back on the agenda to discuss empowerment of non-police (e.g., fire, park, etc) to give tickets for illegal fireworks)

o    Almaden housing reduced from 12 to 8 homes

o    Boulder Ridge sold to some corporation

o    Repavement projects starting in August timeframe

         Camden

         Coleman

         Trinidad

         Vista Park

o    Home permitting - working on opening during lunch hours.  Now has separate line and .  Will increase threshold from 200 to 700.  Remodel will be from 500 to 750 sq ft.  40 to 60% savings now.

o    Note:  City growing by 50,000 people per year

o    Reviewed Boards, Committee, and Commission Assignments that Johnny is involved with (see handout)

 

         General

o    How can we increase the number of recycling centers and their hours?

o    What are practical measures people can do to deal with the drought issue? 

         To DoTo Do Board Action Item:  Consider inviting the Water District to the September General meeting

 

 

         Saturday, July 18 is next General Meeting at Johnny's house

 

 

 

 

 

         Misc

   To Do  Board Action Item:  Request presenters to provide their collateral to Suzan in advance of the meeting in electronic form

   To Do  Board Action Item:  Discuss meeting logistic ownership (before, during and after)